Guess what, guess what?! It has actually begun to feel like Fall here in California (I hope that didn’t jinx it!) But, I actually had to wear jeans and long sleeves! That’s huge. I thought I would be wearing shorts until December. Yay! Now that it’s started to feel like Fall, it makes me even more excited for Fall and everything else that comes along with this glorious season. Like the mountains and cabins! That is where I’ve set this week’s Wedding Wednesday. And this table setting with those rich Fall-ish colors was the inspiration for the rest of this wedding I dreamed up! Here’s what I came up with:
What day of the week is it?!?!
1. I am so proud of my big sister. She is an amazing older sister, successful business owner, awesome fashion curator, loving puppy mom…. and scalloper extraordinaire!! LOOK!!! That’s a picture of her scalloping on the first day of recreational scalloping season! #Badass
2. It was Emily and Steve’s wedding anniversary last week too (the same day as the scalloping picture)! I can’t believe it has been three years since that beautiful October day when our sister got to marry her childhood crush, the boy next door… the man of her dreams. I am tearing up right now just thinking about it… We love Steve and that Hollister family so much. We are so lucky and grateful to call them family! I forgot to watch the video the other day (I am sure Patty watched it)… I am going to watch it now… watch along with me…
3. Right now we are currently having a group text conversation about Patty’s Grandma name… NO ANNOUNCEMENTS YET!!!!! We are just trying to be prepared. It’s what we refer to her in regards to Ivy too… she is a puppy grandma! (Oh gosh.. we are those puppy people.) We call her Pom Pom… for many reasons. But I’ll just name two… POM.. are Patty’s monogram initials. And she is our biggest cheerleader… hence Pom Pom.
Caroline: Pom Pom is my vote. Pippa isn’t a term of endearment. It’s a different name. Might as well call her Patty… Like let’s call me Jane from now on.
Patty: You wouldn’t have wanted to tell your friends you were going to your Pom Pom’s house for Christmas!
Caroline: I’ve thought about Coco as my name which are my initials.
Patty: Well that makes sense. And that’s more of a name and not an accessory for a cheerleader. AHHHHHHHH!!! I don’t know what to do!!
SO, WE ARE NOW OPEN TO YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND IDEAS BELOW!!! NAME POM POM’S GRANDMA NAME!!
4. Last night, in acting class, our beloved drink, MOTTO, made an appearance!!! I was dying. These two used the MOTTO bottle as a prop for a beer bottle!! It was so LA! I was/am so proud of our friend, Tom. I was telling everyone about it. It all started on our favorite little island… he used to whip up a batch at Em and Steve’s house… and now it has grown into something amazing! Bravo!
“It’s just tea, man!” (That green bottle is often mistaken for a beer bottle… Tim was even carded for it once! haha)
5. One week and a day till our annual GIRLS GETAWAY WEEKEND!!!! Last year, we went to Lake Tahoe! Caroline wasn’t able to go because she was in Switzerland. This year, the girls are headed to Florida to be with our Mom’s cousin Jo Ann! We can’t wait. This weekend was created by our amazing cousin, Shannon (who also designed this blog). It was inspired by this amazing woman below… our Nanny… Milly! We keep her legacy alive and celebrate her on this weekend together! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU, NANNY BANANNY!
6. A BIG SHOUT OUT TO OUR GIRL, HOLLY, AND THE NANTUCKET BLACKBOOK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FEATURING THE MILLY & GRACE GIRLS ON YOUR BLOG!!! WE LOVE YOU!! Check out her post… here!
I love that Nantucket community/family so much!! Miss you all and can’t wait to see you at Christmas! XO
I hope you are all having an amazing week so far. Great catching up with you! See you next Monday… for sure next Monday. There once was a week that I thought about doing Same Page Monday on Friday because I didn’t get it together for Monday but I thought that would just be crazy. Sorry it’s Wednesday!
Get excited people because Spring 2015 is going to be pretty! Think soft & refreshing. A mixture of cool & warm tones. A nice departure from the predictable pastels.
- The crop top is still in. I can’t believe that I am actually going to say this but I’ve come around to it. I know, I know, but the fashion companies are making it more wearable. The crop isn’t soo cropped – it’s hitting right at top of your jeans. Expect to see some at Milly & Grace!
- We saw a lot of halter necklines – both in dresses and tops.
- Neon is out.
- One thing I get asked year after year is, “Are maxi dresses going to be in next year?”. My answer: I don’t think they are going anywhere. I think I can speak on behalf of most girls and say that we love wearing them. You just feel pretty in them! And you don’t have to shave your legs.
- Sheer is in. I’m seeing sheer details and lots of sheer skirts (with linings of course).
- Vegans cover your eyes. Suede is in.
And without further ado, here are some of my top picks from a few Milly & Grace brands:
REBECCA TAYLOR CROP TOP & SKIRT COMBO – I told you that I picked up a few crop tops! SPLENDID SHOES: We love Splendid shoes because they have great everyday styles for a great price! Most of them run around $100 or less.
And for the grand finale… We picked up a new line! CHAN LUU clothing. When you hear Chan Luu, you automatically think of their famous bracelets. But they started doing clothing and it’s beautiful! I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this skirt & sequin top! This is only just a taste of what’s to come!